When you think of jewellery for your wedding, it’s inevitable that your mind will turn to the engagement ring and the wedding bands but have you given thought to what other jewellery you will wear on your actual wedding day? Of course, you and your wedding dress are the star of the show but the right jewellery will totally elevate your look and add a personal touch. Here are some tips to help you shine on the big day.
Did you know that different dress colors call for different metals?
If your dress is ivory in color we suggest pairing up with gold to bring out the creaminess of your dress.
Where your dress is plain white jewellery which will sit nicely will be those of white gold, platinum as well as pearls.
Finally, if your dress is a diamond white/off white we suggest pairing it with yellow gold, rose gold, silver or pearls for best results.
Your wedding dress’ neckline plays an important role when determining what jewellery you should wear.
If your wedding dress has an ornate neckline a suggestion is to go with a pair of drop earrings and possibly skip the necklace to keep things elegant. Sometimes less is actually more.
Where your dress has a v-neckline we advise to go for a simple yet elegant necklace such as one with a locket or pearl.
A low scoop necklace dress goes well with a pearl choker or a statement piece.
For example. the bride in the picture below chose an elegant strand of South Sea Pearls necklace to match with her lower neckline wedding dress - simple, elegant and timeless!
How you style your hair will also change the jewellery you should go with. This is especially true for the earrings. With hair down over the ears you should choose small studs or drops. If you are going with an updo, you can go with something a little more dramatic or something that dangles.
- Don’t not wear a watch. Sure, there’s a schedule to keep, but don’t spoil all those intimate shots of your hands - at the altar, with the bouquet, your wedding bands - with a wristwatch. We recommend wearing a bracelet instead.
- Don't over accessorise. Remember, less is more.
- Don't compromise personal style. Wear what feels right as you should feel comfortable in your own skin.
- Don't cut corners. Quality jewellery does make a difference. Such pieces last a lifetime and can be passed onto your children.
We understand that there has been a lot covered here. Choosing the right wedding day jewellery means adding to your look rather than reducing from. The best part of wedding jewellery is that unlike your wedding dress they can be worn after your wedding day time and time again. These pieces of jewellery will have gone through the big moment in life with you that is your wedding. As such, they become priceless pieces which will bring a smile to your face as you relive the warmth and joy that will come with your big day.
At Just Gold Jewellery we are always more than happy to assist you with your jewellery questions. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Just Gold Jewellery - Sydney Engagement Ring Specialists, Sydney Diamond Specialists, Sydney Custom Made Jewellery Experts, Sydney Wedding Ring Specialists